Belated Review: Mongol

Mongol is a film about Gengis Kahn from childhood until he started to unify Mongolia.

I thought it was a good film along the lines of Hero and House of Flying Daggers, but without the 360 degree camerawork and martial arts. This was more like Braveheart with a lot less fighting scenes, but like Hero in the sense that it had some sweeping landscapes and beautiful imagery.

I never learned about Gengis Kahn in school, so I knew very little about him. Apparently, there is no real documented history about him, only stories from people whose lands he captured. The movie paints him in a positive light.

Comments

  1. Nice review! Please check out my review of Mongol and follow my blog: http://bitesizemoviereview.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-mongol.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TV Detour - Midsomer Murders: The Decline and Fall of Ben Jones

Film Review: Tied to a Chair

Belated Positive Reviews