Very Belated Review: Last Stop 174

When I go to film screenings, I prefer not to read the premise ahead of time.  I believe that doing so might ruin the surprise.  There have been times I have found myself either losing interest, because too much has been revealed in the synopsis, or I wind up expecting too much.  This doesn't happen often, but it has occurred on occasion, and so since I can't pick and choose what will be shown at a preview screening, I chose to be clueless about what is to unfold in front of my eyes.

Sadly, I can't avoid what the guest host (aka film critic) will say as part of their introduction to the film.  For Last Stop 174, the film critic set it up by telling us that the film was loosely based on a true story about a bus hijacker in Brazil.  We were warned that it was fiction, but the idea that it was about a hijacker, made it seem intriguing.

Sadly, it was anything but.  The hijacking doesn't happen on camera.  The last scene we see is him getting on the bus.  While this would work in a more interesting film, this one was far from it.  The buildup isn't worth the time spent sitting through the movie.  The plot dragged and there was nothing driving it forward.  One could argue that because I knew it was about a hijacker, I expected too much from it, and you could be right. However, I still feel that the overall plot lacked the hook that would have kept me interested.  I doubt I would have disliked it as much if it had a better plot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Detour - Midsomer Murders: The Decline and Fall of Ben Jones

Film Review: Tied to a Chair

Film Review: Hitchcock