Belated review: The Ides of March

Call me a cynic, but this film didn't grab me at all.  I guess it's really designed for people who are a bit more involved in politics or have strong ideals about their candidates.  For me it was just a fictionalized account of events that have happened in politics within the past few years.  The only shocking thing was the ending which felt like it was saying, "Hey look, this is what it's like.  Life goes on."

I had expected more from this film.  I thought it would be more of a thriller with twists and turns, but it didn't thrill me at all.  The acting was great, but the plot fizzled for me.

Personally, I think I'm more of a realist than a cynic, since I do lean toward positivity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: Hitchcock

TV Detour - Midsomer Murders: The Decline and Fall of Ben Jones

Belated Review: The Dukes