Review: My Piece of the Pie (Ma Part du Gateau)

If you want to see this film, which I recommend highly, then I suggest you do not read any summaries.  I didn't before I saw it, but after I did and I think had I read the plot I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

Not that there's anything wrong with the plot.  On the contrary, it's well written and performed.  The issue is how much predictability do you like to observe when watching a film.  This movie is unpredictable.  I had no idea how it was going to wind up, and that's the fun of it.  Reading a plot summary could possibly give too much away without intending to.  So avoid the summary and see this film.

I will say this - just to give you an idea of what type of movie it is - it's an amusing, heartwarming and funny character study.

And that's all I'll say....

Oh, yes.  I almost forgot.  It's a French film with a few scenes in English, because they take place in London.

That's it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Detour - Midsomer Murders: The Decline and Fall of Ben Jones

Film Review: Hitchcock

Film Review: Tied to a Chair