Introducing....

Hello and welcome to Rice Paper's Film Reviews.  I developed this place because my friends told me I should start a blog to share my reviews with others after reading them in e-mails and message boards.

So here I am.

I'm not a professional critic, so I don't get any preview screeners.  That said in addition to going to movies like everyone else I attend some screenings at events in my area.  These screenings focus mainly on independent, foreign and/or art films or major studio films that are in limited release.

From time to time I might post some reviews on films that have already been out for a while, both major studio releases, as well as independent films.  I might also toss out one that's out on DVD.  This is purely to spark some discussion.  For example, I'm eager to chat with you and get your feedback on Up in the Air, which I saw a few weeks ago.

Lurkers and readers who prefer not to comment are welcome as well.  Everyone is invited to read or read and comment.

I'll start off with a new film that's being released this coming weekend, called The City of Your Final Destination.  So stand by for the review in my next post.

For more about me and my industry experience check out my website:

http://ricepaper.tripod.com/index.html

It's a work in progress.  I opened this site in the late 90's, then transferred everything to MySpace.  I decided to move things off from there and back onto this site.  So I'm still adding to it.  I hope to get it all up to date very soon.

Thanks for visiting!
Monica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: Hitchcock

Review: Solitary Man

Belated Positive Reviews